10.At the end of the shift, the opioid count shows that two tablets of oxycodone
(OxyContin) are unaccounted for. You have spoken to all of the nurses and
pharmacists who had access to the medication cabinet during the shift, but no
one will admit to removing those two tablets. What should you do? (Select all
1. Inform the staff that no one can leave until the matter is resolved.
2. Fill out an incident report and include facts about what you found and what
3. Interview all of the patients who have orders for oxycodone (OxyContin).
4. Discuss the matter with the unit manager and review potential problems of
the current system.
5. Review available records of access and medication retrieval for the past 24
6. Ask the staff if they saw any other people (e.g., students, physicians,
instructors) who may have accessed the cabinet during the shift.